Second Love

I feel in love for the first time. It wasn't like anything I've ever felt with a person before. It was great being in love and to experience it fully. The first love is called the "first love" for a reason. It's the person you remember giving your heart to for the first time. I will always remember that person because of it.

I also find you learn a lot; about yourself and other people. You grow up in ways you didn't know you could. You learn to "flow" in ways that require patience and dedication. I've learned about the opposite sex and how their minds work. I've learned to let go. I've learned to be open. I've learned to be giving. I've learned to be more straightforward and direct. I've learned that ultimately relationships are a lot of work. I've learned to not give up. I've learned when it's best to walk away and keep it moving.

I've learned your first love isn't always a lasting love. It can change. People can change. People can also stay the same and you change. People can always been the way they always were but you were just blinded by love. And that's okay. You live and you learn. You fall and you get up. It was all a learning process and for that I am thankful.


I have no regrets. It all helped me to grow in some shape or form. Now, I'm letting go and seeing what life has in store. I don't hate you. There comes a time when people are not meant to be in your life anymore. As the saying goes, "some people are in your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime." You were seasonal and I am okay with that.

I genuinely wish you all the best and I am happy that we met.


Now it's time to say goodbye to you as I continue to live my life.

Love always,

Yanique

The. blog post is entitled Second Love because Christ is my first love.

Comments

Popular Posts