A Love Letter to Myself

Dear Self,

I love that you are a genuine and kind person.
I love that you have a heart for the needy and the poor.
I love that  you do not forget those who are overlooked on the streets.
I love that you are full of life and full of joy.
I love that you are pure of heart and pure of spirit.
I love that you love hard.
I love that you are a hard worker.
I love that you are passionate about the world and you are resilient.
I love that you are a fighter.
I love that you never give up.

I love that you are fashionable.
I love that you take pride in how you look but you are not proud.
I love that you have kept the faith even when you are unsure of what's to come in your life.
I love that you love God and chose Him over love.
I love that you are transparent for those who get close enough to see.
I love that you are artistic.
I love that you love photographing people.
I love that you're good at photoshop.
I love that you have your own mind.
I love that you are not easily persuaded.
I love that you stick up for justice and what's right.
I love that you can be awkward sometimes and goofy.

I love that you care less about what people think about you.
I love your "corny" jokes.
I love that you can be "punny" sometimes.
I love that there are many layers to you.
I love that you are not shallow.
I love that you never give up.
I love that you talk to yourself; it's a sign of intelligence.
I love that you work hard for what you want.
I love that you are a go getter.
I love that you see the world differently.
I love that you are empathetic; you feel what others feel.

I love that you are Jamaican.
I love that you are PROUD to be black.
I love that you make others feel at ease.
I love that you encourage people. I love that you see the bright side to things.
I love that you love to read.
I love that you're smart.
I love that you think.

I love that you smile.
I love your smile.
I love your teeth.
I love your eyes and your nose.
I love your face.
I love your body.
I love your height.
I love your stretch marks.
I love your skin "marks."

I love when you're happy.
I love when you're goofy.
I love when you don't care what other people think.
I love that you are kind.
I love that you are special.
I love that you are different.
Most of all, I love that you are YOU!

Love always,

Self
















Comments

Popular Posts